The Birth of 'Stylish Mum' Breastfeeding Brand


 My name is Sarah and after having and feeding my third child I became fed up with the options out there for breastfeeding mums. A lot of the breastfeeding friendly clothes I found were mostly maternity which frustrated me, firstly because they don’t fit right, but also there is an assumption that breastfeeding is only for those early weeks. So, when I was up feeding one night I designed my own top and arranged for some samples to be made. I wore the tops and the feedback was that they were amazing and I should set up a business selling them – and so Stylish Mum was born!

I did a lot of market research with other mums and found that winter wear was the most difficult – due to the amount of material to lift up and of course wanting to stay warm. Mum’s also said that the item they missed the most was the hoodie and so this is where we started. We had a number of samples made which were tested and tweaked by mums and our colours were chosen by mums too!

Stylish Mum started selling in November 2017 and the feedback we have had has been breath-taking. Customers have really appreciated the clever design which allows for discreet feeding with no fiddy zips or buttons so easy to do one handed. Mums have also said that they are easy to feed in in a sling as material doesn’t need to come upwards. No zips or buttons also means no marks or anything sharp near babies face when cuddling, feeding or carrying in a sling. Mums have really liked the material for our nursing hoodies and breastfeeding tops which is 95% cotton and 5% spandex for a soft stretch. This gives the items a soft luxurious feel. Mums have said that the shape and stretch is very flatting and forgiving to the tummy area and also means less/ no ironing !!

My ambition is to keep growing the brand and adding new items as we go along. I am really passionate about helping mums to feel stylish, comfortable and confident when breastfeeding. So please do follow this blog, sign up to our newsletter and/or check us out on Facebook or Instagram

Sarah

Comments